Vine is another one of those apps which has started as mobile first. It doesn’t have a web login or interface yet, apart from viewing videos. Sharing the videos is easy by using the short URLs on the web, or through Twitter/Facebook from the app itself. But if you want embed your video creation on your blog or website, there’s no simple method yet. Since Vine publishes the videos in .mp4 format, it’s easy to embed them anywhere you want in HTML.
Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open the Vine video link in Chrome and right click the web page to select view source. ( or view the HTML source in any browser you want )
2. Look for the following ( you can use search to quickly find it ):
3. It should contain a link in the following format:
4. Copy this link and place it in the code below
<video width=”600″ height=”600″ controls=”controls”>
<source src=”place above link here” type=”video/mp4″>
5. The above code can be copied and pasted in HTML on any website or blog ( whether WordPress or Blogspot etc ) and shared. If you want, you can also download and save the video from step 3 to publish it on YouTube. You can see how the embedded video looks here.
Update: Here’s another easier method:
1. In the below URL format, replace the bold part in the below link with your video page URL.
<p><iframe src=”http://vine.co/v/bJK51E9V9Dp/card” width=”600″ height=”600″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></p>